Nipple Shape Plastic Abrasive Media
Size: 40X50 (axb)
Shape: Nipple Shape
Color: Pink or customized
1. Why Nipple Shape Plastic media
- Firstly, Nipple shape able to finishing and deburring on hard to reach area of parts, so we can remove hard to reach burr easier
- Secondly, Nipple shape media effectively prevent media lodge in parts
- Thirdly, it suitable for aluminum deburring and smoothing, zamak3 material pre-plating treatment
2. Plastic tumbling media general information
2.1 Plastic tumbling media composition:
Plastic tumbling media is preformed plastics, the other workhorse media, are also available in a variety of grades or bodies, with some manufacturers having nine grades while others have as few as three. And nipple shape are suitable for plastic tumbling media for aluminum.
We make plastic media mixing bonding abrasives (generally 40-70% by weight) into polyester, usually by casting. After casting, manufacturer pre-tumble the media to remove flash. Because the plastic media is softer, has a lower density than preformed ceramic media, provides a cushioning effect, and sometimes has a shorter life.
2.2 Plastic Tumbling Media Advantage
Three areas exist in which plastic is really better than ceramic:
- Large size tumbling media is important to prevent lodge in, however, ceramic media may risk to scratch parts;
- Plastic tumbling media prevent delicate parts damaging ;
- Plastic tumbling media create a smooth surface for pre-plating or pre-anodizing finish
It is well suitable for finishing softer metals and fragile parts, achieving pre-plating requirements, and producing smooth finishes as low as 5 micrometers. During finishing the matrix which is softer than the abrasive, is eroded, leaving the abrasive to perform the desired work.
While some users believe it assures parts free of impingement, this is not true, All the mass finishing processes expert for fixed or compartmentalized operations allow part-on-part contact. We can make plastic media in various shape according to parts requirement. In practice over a decade some shapes go out of favor and new ones emerge.
Inovatec noted that the plastic tumbling media provides no surface hardening of the parts. In addition, plastic media is also quieter than abrasive chips.