3P Random shape Ceramic Media
1. Random Shape Media Features
- Generally, random shape media for small edge super fine polishing with slight cutting
- Besides, it is for micro finishing and high luster finishing
- Also random shape ceramic media have narrow size distribution
- In addition, random shape ceramic media with micro size that can enter into small hole or contour
From the photo above, you can see the ball valve components. First, we polished ball valve with 3P random shape media in vibratory finishing machine for a couple of hours. After finishing, cutting mark on valve surface is removed. Besides, surface roughness improve to 0,25 um.
2. General Properties
2.1 Features of Ceramic Polishing Media
- Engineering use Ceramic polishing tumbling media mostly metal components deburring and polishing
- Ceramic polishing media have varieties of different size and shape
- Ceramic polishing media have wide application rage. It suitable for vibratory finishing machinery and most other surface finishing machine.
2.2 Ceramic Polishing Media Composition
Manufacturers make ceramic media with mixture of several mineral materials. These materials including: abrasive grit, clay, feldspar and sand. Later, theses material mixed homogeneously and stirring machine with constant water dosing. After that, a vacuum compressor removes void in the material and make it a solid and rigid material before drying and baking.
First of all, ceramic media are available in a wide range of shapes and sizes. Also, engineer selects right grade of abrasive grit, the proportion of abrasive to binder, and the most suitable binder. All these factors contribute to the ceramic media performance. As a result, the right selection of media meet requirement of certain parts and application.
While abrasive grit cut material from parts, the binder acts as a burnishing surface, and this works against rapid cutting.